2013年9月26日 星期四

Photo story: On The Other Side





It is not easy to live in a different country even though it's just only for two months. It was not my first time to go to other country to travel, but it was my first time to stay for a long time in another country. Everything for me was new because I had to adjust to the different life style that other county has.
Even though I just went to China, where everyone think is easy to live and adjust because we use the same language, the loneliness of staying in a different country was still killing me. In that two months, the most relaxing thing for me was sleeping because in my dream I can forget that I was in China. There are lots of things I wasn't used to it e.g., language, food, people, and traffic. Although we all speak Chinese which they called “putonghua”, but they use their first language, Cantonese,to communicate with other people more often. And that is was very hard for me because I did not understand any single word of Cantonese.
Besides the most common problems about living in the a different country are such as not getting used to their food or their people. For me the hardest thing about living to live in China is that you have to deal with the problem of out of water and have a blackout. Can you imagine that every twice a week you have to endure the water outage and blackout? And it was summer so the temperature in Guangzhou was up to 39℃. I almost thought I would die in China because the weather was too hot and I couldn't turn on the air conditioner or fan. The photo I posted was taken by a normal- out-of-water-and-have-a-blackout-day. Because I was afraid my roommate and I would die in the dormitory so we decided to go to a coffee shop to help us through this tough day. And in the evening we went to a park where I took this photo.
I still remember that day- it was the 43rd day I stayed in China. When I looked at the sunset I was wondering whether Taiwan on the parallelon the other side or not. I knew it is was stupid but I really thought maybe my friends and my family could see the same sunset although we were in different countries. The atmosphere of this photo made me feel homesick. Looking at the sunset just like looking at my hometown. It is was too far for me to chase.

3 則留言:

  1. your mind is strong, you can handle some problem, I think you can be more brave than before.

    回覆刪除
  2. I am sorry to hear that China gives you such an impression. Maybe if you want, you can come again and I will let you see a different side of this country.^-^ I'm a Chinese girl studying in Taiwan now. I'm experiencing what you had experienced once. I feel homesick,too. But I will try hard to adapt to food, people and life here. Besides, I like Taiwan.

    回覆刪除
  3. thanks for sharing. The corrections can also be found on this site:
    http://meetingwords.com/8sNFnm1sqY

    http://lin690525.blogspot.tw/2013/09/photo-story-on-other-side.html
    edits in [ ]

    It is not easy to live in a different country even though it [it's] just only for two months. It is [was] not my first time to go to other country [to travel], but it is [was] my first time to stay [for] a long time in other [another] country. Everything for me is [was] new because you [I] have [had] to adjust [to] the different life style that other county has.
    Even though I just went to China, where everyone think is easy to live and adjust because we use the same language, the loneliness of staying in [a] different country [was] still killing me. In that two months, the most relax[relaxing] thing for me is [was] sleeping because in my dream I can forget that I was in China. There are lots of things I did not [I wasn't] used to it [e.g.], language, food, people, and traffic. Although we all speak Chinese which they called “putonghua”, but they use their first language[,] Cantonese[,] to communicate with other people more often. And that is [was] very hard for me because I do [did] not understand any sing [single] word of Cantonese.
    Besides the most common problems about living in the [a] different country [are] such as not [getting] used to their food or their people. For me the hardest things [thing about living] to live in China is that you have to deal with the problem of out of water and have a blackout. Can you imagine that every twice a week you have to endure the water outage and blackout? And it was summer time[so] the temperature in Guangzhou was up to 39℃. I almost though [thought] I will [would] died [die] in China because the weather was too hot and I can not [couldn't] open [turn on the] air conditioner or fan. The photo I posted was taken by a normal- out-of-water-and-have-a-blackout-day. Because I was afraid me and my roommate [my roommate and I would] will died [die] in the dormitory so we decided went [to go] to a coffee shop to help us through this tough day. And in the evening we went to [a] park where I took this photo[.]
    I still remember that day[-] is [it was] the 43teh [43rd] day I stayed in China. When I at the sun set [When I looked at the sunset] I was wondering whether Taiwan on the parallelon the other side or not. I knew it is [was] stupid but I really thought maybe my friends and my family can [could] see the same sunset although we were in different countries. The atmosphere of this photo make [made] me feel homesick. Looking at [the] sunset just like looking at my hometown. It is [was] too far for me to chase.


    NOTE: There's only one sun, so yes they would see the same sun but probably not at the same you were looking at it

    回覆刪除